Thank you to Stifel Financial
By: Julie Houle on January 05, 2016 8:24 AM
We had another good turn out for our December meeting in Windsor, CT. The Connecticut/Western Mass subchapter is building a nice core group of attendees and our intent is to build upon that momentum.
On December 16, 2015, Ryan Henley CFA, Head of Financial Institutions Strategies for Stifel Financial, brought his unique perspective and discussed a number of accounting and regulatory changes. Ryan’s focus was on how financial institutions can consider balance sheet strategies and tactics to actually derive benefit from the changes, or at least mitigate potential negative impact. The topics included are shown below and the presentation is available on the FMS-Boston website.
- Changes to premium amortization on callable bonds such as municipals.
- HTM Investments & CECL (Yes, CECL will apply to your investment portfolio!)
- HELOC Reclassification Strategy on Call Report.
- Greater Ease of Hedging Under New Proposal.
- How TLAC could impact some community banks (again, through the investment portfolio.)
Also thank you to Ryan and his colleagues from Stifel Financial for sponsoring the cocktail hour!